Ok - I know - its still July BUT while we have Christmas in July I thought I would share a fun little project. No excuses you have plenty of time.
You will need:
- One sheet Glitz Glitter Felt (I've used Gingerbread) This will make 2 headbands
- Some 10mm Bells
- A Satin Headband
- The template from this link.
- Co-ordinating thread
- Hand sewing needle
- Hot glue gun
- Felt pen/air erasable pen
How to make the Headband.
- Cut out the template and on the back of the A4 sheet of Glitz Glitter Felt
- draw round it. You should have room for 4 templates (so two headbands). Cut out the Antlers.
- Making sure the antlers are mirror images sew the bells onto one end of the antlers. I put three on each side but feel free to make your own rules.
- Place the antlers in a middle position under the headband with roughly 4 cm between them, folding round and lining them up to find the middle point. Now add a generous dab of glue at this point and fold round the headband holding in place for a few seconds till the its dried. Then add the glue to join the rest of the antlers together.
- You may need to trim round the antlers once the glue has dried, that is unless its just me that cannot cut round the same shape template and have irregular mirror images!
- Simply wear and rock the Christmas look. You could add a Christmas bow if your feeling really fancy :-)
Just Saying -
Things I have learnt while making these antlers - so you don't have to find out the hard way! Chunky glitter fabric on its own will produce floppy antlers - it needs to be the Glitz Glitter felt.
The hot gun is hot.
Its very hard to sew the bells on after the antlers have been glued together so don't forget that step.
Did I mention the glue gun is HOT? I'm off to regrow my fingertips but in the meantime we would love to see your take on this - feel free to share your makes on our Facebook Group.
Happy Christmas sewing.